[mythtv-users] Re: mythmusic not responding to keys

Peter Valdemar Mørch swp5jhu02 at sneakemail.com
Tue May 4 20:17:16 EDT 2004

Lance Tost wrote:
> I just ugpraded to .14 but had this problem with .13 too.
>
> Whenever I try to pause, fast forward, rewind and some other various
> functions while listening to an mp3, the interface (including the visual)
> seems to freeze but the music keeps playing. It'll eventually respond but
> something just isn't quite right.
>
> Anyone see this too?
> To answer my own post, the other recent post about setting
> LD_ASSUME_KERNEL fixed my problem too!

Indeed, unless LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1 is set, hitting pause in mythmusic
freezes mythfrontend GUI for a while (up to about 25 secs) and then
pauses as was intended.

Running like:

LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1 mythfrontend

Makes mythmusic behave. Strange! Anybody with a theory?

I'm running with the 2.4.22-1.2135.nptl_27.rhfc1.at kernel, but I've
previously seen that for 2.6 kernels, rpm misbehaves unless
LD_ASSUME_KERNEL is set.

Whats the story with LD_ASSUME_KERNEL anyway? Googling just turns up a
gazillion applications that need this setting.

Peter

--
Peter Valdemar Mørch
http://www.morch.com