[mythtv-users] Xmame roms not being detected

Rick St.Pierre rsp at idcomm.com
Tue May 4 23:15:14 EDT 2004

I'm at my wits end trying to get mythgame to work with xmame.  For
some reason, mythgame never detects any roms even though running xmame
-verifyroms from the commandline correctly identifies the games and
they run fine running xmame alone.  I have checked the mythgame
settings way too many times and have the hiscore.dat, history.dat and
catver.ini files correctly identified (as well as all the other
settings).  I am running Debian sarge (2.4.25).

I get the same results using both the CVS version and the 0.14 version
of mythgame.  Also the same results using both the apt-get xmame
install and one I compiled myself (both SDL versions).  I am
currently running xmame 0.81.1 that I compiled myself.

About the only thing left I can think of is that one of the dat/ini
files are incompatible with mythgame's rom detection.  If someone has
a known working set of these files, point me to them so I can
eliminate that.  The files I have now were downloaded off of links
from the official mame web page.

As an aside, thanks for a great program.  As someone who hasn't used
linux for a few years, it was easy to set up and install (other than
my stupidity errors!).  I have quite a bit of C++ programming
experience.  When I have time, I am going to look through some of the
code.  Hopefully, I will be able to contribute something.

Thanks for your help.  Keep up the great work!

Rick.

--
Rick St.Pierre
rsp Acoustics