[mythtv-users] tv_grab_na_dd (was: Q about Myth on FC1)

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Wed May 5 02:01:01 EDT 2004

(see inline)

-- Joe

--- Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net> wrote:
> On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 12:59:13PM -0700, Joe Votour
> wrote:
> > I rebuilt my MythTV machine yesterday, using the
> guide
> > by Jarod.  Here's the pitfalls I encountered (only
> two
> > of them, which is good):
> > 1. I had to comment out the repositories for
> > kde-redhat.  If I didn't, then I would get a
> complaint
> > from apt-get that redhat-artwork conflicted with
> GTK2.
> > 2. The tv_grab_na script seems to be missing from
> > XMLTV.  The documentation says that you should use
> the
> > new Zap2It Data Direct service, but mythfrontend
> is
> > apparently still hardcoded to call tv_grab_na.  I
> > couldn't find any way around that, so I grabbed
> the
> > XMLTV source, compiled it and it replaced the
> existing
> > XMLTV RPM.
>
> Did you try setting up a symlink from tv_grab_na to
> tv_grab_na_dd?
> tv_grab_na is considered retired by xmltv authors, I
> hope
> tv_grab_na_dd is a 100% functional drop-in, but I
> cannot easily test.
>
> If the symlink works, I'll add it to the package.

I did try a symlink, but this was during the
mythtvsetup stage, where I was configuring my
channels.  I didn't seem to be able to setup any
channels at that point, and therefore, couldn't setup
my tuners.  Perhaps I did something wrong with 0.14,
as in ATrpms, but it didn't work for me (tv_grab_na_dd
has different command line parameters than
tv_grab_na).

On the other hand, if somebody has gotten
tv_grab_na_dd to work with MythTV 0.14, then I'll
switch to that.