[mythtv-users] SOLVED: UK xmltv/tv_grab - just a couple moregeneral problems

Adam Wood AdamWood at Xephi.co.uk
Wed May 5 05:15:47 EDT 2004

Glad to hear you've finally got it going. I had a few similar problems to
what your having below, answers also below.

When I first set up myth it got the channel numbers horribly wrong and the
frequencies too. When changing channel (up or down rather than directly
selecting a number) it tries to find the next available channel using an
algorithm I couldn't figure out. Ok so I didn't spend that long on it, and I
just used myth web to adjust the frequency and channel numbers. I might also
have changed an option in the TV settings menu to order by channel number.
I'm not sure if that'll help much.

> 2) Both the program guide, manual schedule and the OSD are
> all empty, which
> I find odd to say the least. Especially considering that the
> program finder
> is packed with all kinds of stuff. Well, not all kinds, just
> TV kinds of stuff.

No idea, I thought when you had xmltv running you'd have this going. :(

> 3) Arr. Myth is displaying the wrong time - it's running an
> hour ahead of
> BST. Oops, just checked system time and *that's* an hour
> ahead too - d'oh!.
> Sorry, ignore this one!

Since you using Gentoo, I'll assume you've symlinked the correct zone-info.
When I had this problem, updateing /etc/rc.conf and changing a line that
looks something like
 CLOCK=UTC

 CLOCK=local

(maybe a reboot too)