[mythtv-users] Volume indicator doesn't move, volume doesn't change.

Mitko Haralanov voidtrance at comcast.net
Wed May 5 13:45:04 EDT 2004

On Wed, 5 May 2004 09:35:33 -0500
Chris Thompson <ct-myth at cthompson.com> wrote:

> First try was an FC1/Jarod setup with alsa. Chaintech 7NIF2, if that
> makes a difference. While watching Live TV, if I hit F9, F10 and F11,
> the volume bar shows up in the on screen display, but doesn't ever
> move. No mute, and it doesn't move from 100%.

I am having the same problem as are others using the 7NIF2 board. The
problem is that the standard ALSA package does not work perfectly well
with the nForce on-board audio chip. If you run alsamixer, you will
notice that you can't change the PCM volume. I think that your problem
is a side effect of that.

I am also looking for a solution to this...

--
Mitko Haralanov
voidtrance at comcast dot net