[mythtv-users] Nebula DigiTV advice

Ben Rometsch ben at solidstategroup.com
Wed May 5 19:10:34 EDT 2004

Hi There,

I am planning on putting a mini-ITX Gentoo-based MythTV box together in
a few weeks and was just wanting to check that my choices of hardware
were good.

I have a lot of Gentoo and Linux experience, so I am not too worried
about this side of things; it's more hardware compatiablity that I am
concerned about.

Having googled and looked through this mailing list, I was thinking that
the Nebula DigiTV card would be the one to go for (I am in the UK and so
will be able to make use of the free-to-air digital signal). it seems
that the DigiTV card works ok under Linux (using the 2.6
kernel...correct?). Has anyone had any luck getting the remote control
to work? Failing that, are there patches for LIRC? Am I right in saying
that the LIRC code does not run too well under 2.6?

I was going to use a Shuttle XPC SN45G with a Radeon 8500 providing the
TV-Out. Again, does anyone have any experience with this hardware? I'm
not certain that using TV-Out on the Radeon is going to be all that easy...?

Thanks in advance,
Ben

--
----== Solid State Group ==----