[mythtv-users] new theme preview

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed May 5 19:33:02 EDT 2004

James Armstrong wrote:
> Would the themes be made to the new .15 cvs version or .14? I saw where
> there were alot of changed made to have more menu's themeable. Where is
> the best place to find all the specifics about the xml files used by
> myth, especially the new features being added.

I have lots of old themes (about a dozen or so) that I can
still use. The trick is that most of the compatibility things
are in "ui.xml". If you copy the current blue/ui.xml, almost
any old theme will work with your current version.

The down side is that some themes, sleek for example, had
custom designed layouts for the Watch Recordings (playbox)
and the conflicts page. With the blue/ui.xml you lose these
customizations and the layout is just like blue and G.A.N.T.

Also, if there are contrast problems, some font colors may need to
be changed. This was a problem for 'liquid' becuase of the light
background but I never use liquid so I don't bother updating it.

--  bjm