[mythtv-users] Ghosting or smearing in recordings

vsara6611 at email.vccs.edu vsara6611 at email.vccs.edu
Thu May 6 07:47:43 EDT 2004

All of my recordings seem to suffer from a strange smearing or ghosting between frames, so I thought I'd try to reduce
the recording framerate from 30 down to 24 FPS - only I don't know how.  Is there an easy way to adjust the standard
recording framerate in MythTV?

Relevant info: MythTV 0.14, Mandrake 9.1, standard PCI Hauppauge WinTV, Athlon XP 1800/Biostar M7 VIG Pro, 512 MB DDR,
and an NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX440. Has anyone else experienced any smearing, ghosting or similar effect? It doesn't seem
to matter which codec I use, or what resolution/bitrate I choose, either. Thanks in advance

- Villa
--- Msg sent via VCCS WebMail