[mythtv-users] Plz help: I'm only getting 'snow' on my PVR-250 in MythTV. (Help with Danish frequencies / TDC Kabeltv?)

Morten mythtv at e-rasmussen.dk
Thu May 6 12:59:39 EDT 2004

Hi all!

I'm running MythTV with a PVR-250 plugged in. (All on a VIA EPIA-MII.)

Anyway: I can get as far as installing ivtv, and finding the PVR-250 in
the graphical MythTV setup program. Further, I have set the default
input to "Tuner 0", which seems to go fine.

I can run the backend and frontend with apparently no errors. The only
thing I get is the weather somewhere, where there's a constant blizzard.
(I.e. no TV signal, but antenna static.)

Of course, I have plugged my antenna cable in! :-)

I'm located in Copenhagen, Denmark. System is PAL, and we're hooked up
to "TDC Kabeltv (stor pakke)" in Frederiksberg. I have a list of
frequencies from TDC (signal provider), but am not quite sure how to
enter the frequencies in MythTV.

Does anybody have a clue on how to do this, and how can I check that my
tuner is indeed set up correctly?

Cheers,
~Morten