[mythtv-users] Firewire Port on cable box?

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Fri May 7 03:27:46 EDT 2004

I tend to agree that when it comes to stuff like this the Democrats and
Republicans are just as bad. Usually the Democrats are worse actually.
When it comes things like being pro-competition I think the Dems are a
little better, hence the comment on DSL. I just read the order that
allows cable operators to encrypt over-the-air stuff, it made me angry.
I bet cable companies don't even want this, but they will encrypt
because they need to buy their programming and their content providers
will demand it in their contracts.

I hope you are right about the broadcast flag. Despite recent rulings
and evidence of corruption on the court, I still have some faith in
them rediscovering the wisdom contained in our constitution and bill
of rights. The 99-0 Senate DMCA vote and the Mickey Mouse acts were
enough for me to lose faith in congress.

When the Powell,Jr.'s commisioners completely ignored the our revulsion
at their relaxation on broadcaster's lease rules I started paying
attention to Powell's reign, ever since I've been very disappointed. I
recently changed my registration to Democrat. I may still change it
back, but not while the likes of Aschroft, Powell, Jr., Bush, Jr. or
Cheney and his chickenhawks are in power. I can still hope for fusion
government, a Kerry/McCain ticket, right? Then I can vote for someone
who will actually re-balance the budget in 2008.

-- Daniel