[mythtv-users] Plz help: I'm only getting 'snow' on my PVR-250 in MythTV. (Help with Danish frequencies / TDC Kabeltv?)

Peter Valdemar Mørch swp5jhu02 at sneakemail.com
Fri May 7 05:53:32 EDT 2004

Morten mythtv-at-e-rasmussen.dk |Lists| wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm running MythTV with a PVR-250 plugged in. (All on a VIA EPIA-MII.)
>
> Anyway: I can get as far as installing ivtv, and finding the PVR-250 in
> the graphical MythTV setup program. Further, I have set the default
> input to "Tuner 0", which seems to go fine.
>
> I can run the backend and frontend with apparently no errors. The only
> thing I get is the weather somewhere, where there's a constant blizzard.
> (I.e. no TV signal, but antenna static.)
>
> Of course, I have plugged my antenna cable in! :-)
>
> I'm located in Copenhagen, Denmark. System is PAL, and we're hooked up
> to "TDC Kabeltv (stor pakke)" in Frederiksberg. I have a list of
> frequencies from TDC (signal provider), but am not quite sure how to
> enter the frequencies in MythTV.
>
> Does anybody have a clue on how to do this, and how can I check that my
> tuner is indeed set up correctly?
>
> Cheers,
> ~Morten

Hejsa Morten,

I'm also on TDC's Kabel network, also in Copenhagen (Nørrebro).
You may want to check out:

http://gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/47173

Also, here is my channels database (v. 0.14). I'm not using the standard
grabber tv_grab_dk, but this should be somewhat of a help at least.
MythWEB has a channels configuration screen that is great if you aren't
comfortable with mysql from the command line or don't have phpMyAdmin
(recommeded highly).

Correlate my info with yours for Frederiksberg kommune at:
http://tdckabeltv.dk/?UniversID=181

Peter
myth at peter:~> mysqldump  -c mythconverg channel > channel.db
found in
http://www.morch.com/postings/mythtv/channel.db

myth at peter:~> mysql -e 'select callsign, freqid from channel' mythconverg
+----------+--------+
| callsign | freqid |
+----------+--------+
| DR1      | E10    |