[mythtv-users] TV out card suggestions

Simon Kilvington s.kilvington at eris.qinetiq.com
Fri May 7 07:28:37 EDT 2004

the GF4 MX nvidia cards do the same - TV out if nothing plugged into
the monitor socket - the only problems I've had are:

1. the TV display is black and white until X starts and I can give
the driver all the proper output parameters (could be because I'm in
the UK and the card assumes I'm gonna be using NTSC?)

2. you need to use 1.0-4363 nvidia driver to get overscan, and I've
never managed to get any kind of AGP or GLX working - if you dont
have NvAGP "0" or if you try to load the glx module in the XF86Config
file then X hangs trying to start (could be some SMP related problem,
I've got a HT processor so use an SMP kernel)