[mythtv-users] Plz help: I'm only getting 'snow' on my PVR-250 in MythTV. (Help with Danish frequencies / TDC Kabeltv?)

Peter Valdemar Mørch swp5jhu02 at sneakemail.com
Fri May 7 18:21:36 EDT 2004

Hejsa,

I wrote my own tv_grab_dk_alt ("alternative"), that uses TDC's tv guide.
http://tdckabeltv.dk/?UniversID=3

Primarily for these reasons:
* I had already written it before I heard of XMLTV, so it was just an
API tweak to get it to work with XMLTV
* I insist on English titles for english programs.
* I insist on getting an ending time for all programs. To have the last
program of the evening last from 23:30 to 17:00 is just plain annoying...
* TDC's listings are the easiest to parse to extract credits, IMDB
links, etc.

********************
* Warning          *
It has a *MAJOR* flaw: On TDC's listings, all program descriptions are
on a separate page. So *many* HTML pages are retrieved. 20 channels * 20
programs / channel * 7 days = 2800 HTML pages!!!

OK, so you've seen the warning. Here is the script:
http://www.morch.com/postings/mythtv/tv_grab_dk_alt

I really haven't given it that much testing - it works for me.

--
Peter Valdemar Mørch
http://www.morch.com