[mythtv-users] X10 "Lola" remote on XBox?

Scott Nicholson mythtv at scottnic.com
Fri May 7 22:36:38 EDT 2004

I recently took advantage of the free ($6-ish shipping) RF "Lola" remote
from x10.com.

My Myth frontend is an Xbox (or is going to be, at least -- I don't have
everything working yet).

I would like to use the Lola remote on the Xbox frontend. (I've gotten used
to an RF remote and would rather not use the Xbox DVD kit remote).

It appears that the Lola remote can be used either with the "lirc_atiusb"
kernel module or using something called "Wish" and some perl scripts that
were posted to the list a few weeks ago.

Problem is, both of those options will require some compiling from source,
and it's looking like they'll both require recompiling the kernel as well.

I don't have any problems compiling the kernel on my server, but I'm a
little nervous about doing it on the Xbox -- what do I need to "apt-get" to
make sure I have the right sources, and do I need to worry about configuring
anything before I do a compile, or will the sources I download already have
any Xbox-specific options set?

TIA for any help.
Scott

---