[mythtv-users] Mythbackend gives sql error

Michael Gargiullo gargiullo at comcast.net
Sun May 9 20:34:16 EDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-09 at 15:49, Maarten van Ingen wrote:
<snip>
> # mythbackend -v
> Starting up as the master server.
> 2004-05-09 21:10:28 DVB#0 Using DVB card 0, with frontend DST SAT.
> DB Error (GetChannelOptions - Channel Check):
> Query was:
> SELECT serviceid, networkid, providerid, transportid, frequency,
> inversion, symbolrate, fec, polarity, diseqc_type, diseqc_port,
> lnb_lof_switch, lnb_lof_hi, lnb_lof_lo FROM dvb_channel, dvb_sat  WHERE
> dvb_channel.satid=dvb_sat.satid AND chanid='20'SELECT satid FROM
> dvb_channel WHERE chanid='20'
> Driver error was [2/1064]:
> QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
> Database error was:
> You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'SELECT satid FROM dvb_channel
> WHERE chanid='20'' at line 1
<snip>

Did you recently upgrade something?

SELECT serviceid, networkid, providerid, transportid, frequency,
> inversion, symbolrate, fec, polarity, diseqc_type, diseqc_port,
> lnb_lof_switch, lnb_lof_hi, lnb_lof_lo FROM dvb_channel, dvb_sat  WHERE
> dvb_channel.satid=dvb_sat.satid AND chanid='20'SELECT satid FROM
> dvb_channel WHERE chanid='20'

This query isn't a syntacticly correct SQL query, This part in
particular:
 WHERE
> dvb_channel.satid=dvb_sat.satid AND chanid='20'(There should be a condition here) SELECT satid FROM
> dvb_channel WHERE chanid='20'

The error may displayed may not be the entire sql query, but from what I
see, this is a generic MySQL error due to the formatting of the
sub-query.

Disclaimer.  I'm new to Mythtv, and haven't looked at the source yet.
This error may be covered in an FAQ or something like it.

-Mike