[mythtv-users] channel switching only by hand, not when recording

IvanK. chepati at yahoo.com
Mon May 10 13:49:32 EDT 2004

Ron,

this is on purpose and for a reason -- when you are recording and watching,
you are not in LiveTV mode anymore, you're watching a constantly growing
recorded show (or a film).  And changing channels while viewing a recording
is meaningless.  This also prevents you from accidentally changing the
channel and recording the wrong thing.  If you decide you don't want to
continue recording the current show, exit from viewing it, go to the Watch
Recording screen, highlight the show, hit "i" and choose either stop or
delete. Then you'll be able to go into LiveTV mode again and change channels.

Now the reason why you're not in LiveTV mode while recording (this is on a
single tuner system) is that you can have only one process controlling the
tuner at any one time.  In order words you can't have two horses pulling one
cart in different directions...

IvanK.