[mythtv-users] ActiSys200L and DishNetwork Echostar Yes or No

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Wed May 12 20:23:43 EDT 2004

>   I have DishNetwork.   I use an Echostar receiver.
> I ordered (actually) 2  Actisys 200L from snapstream.
>  I have seen many posts (after I bought them) that it
> will not work with Dishnetwork receivers because they
> are hardcoded to 38000 and dish receivers are 56000.
>
>    Will it work with Dish Network receivers or not?
> If so will someone point me in the right direction or
> if not I will have eat the 50 bucks and build the
> radio shack home brew.
> Thanks in advance.

AFAIK, they will not work reliably with dish. I am sucessfully using
MyBlaster (http://www.mytvstore.com/product_id_005.html) transmitters with
my dish receivers. There is no official linux support for MyBlaster but I
did develop a script to control the beasts. The scripts are still in beta so
I dont want to post them here but if you want a copy, email me off-list. See
my previous posts on this subject for my email address.

Bill