[mythtv-users] ActiSys200L and DishNetwork Echostar Yes or No

K.R. Foley kr at cybsft.com
Wed May 12 21:10:12 EDT 2004

William wrote:
>>  I have DishNetwork.   I use an Echostar receiver.
>>I ordered (actually) 2  Actisys 200L from snapstream.
>> I have seen many posts (after I bought them) that it
>>will not work with Dishnetwork receivers because they
>>are hardcoded to 38000 and dish receivers are 56000.
>>
>>   Will it work with Dish Network receivers or not?
>>If so will someone point me in the right direction or
>>if not I will have eat the 50 bucks and build the
>>radio shack home brew.
>>Thanks in advance.

Sorry I deleted the original message. The Actisys 200L will work with
Dish Network Echostar receivers (at least some). I am using one here
with mine. If you search the mail archive you can find a link to
someone's site that has config files and minimal instructions.
Unfortunately, I can't find the $%#* link to the site either right now
:( It can be done though.

kr