[mythtv-users] Time is off in the guide

Maarten mythtv at ultratux.org
Thu May 13 10:22:53 EDT 2004

On Thursday 13 May 2004 15:11, Richie Crews wrote:
> I had a chance to look into this more last night, It seems that since I am
> in the LIMBO zone for time zones it could be a issue. I live in Valley, AL
> and it is truly on the Central time zone area however the central line does
> not really start for another 10 miles down the road. So all the local cable
> broadcasters around here set it so everything is on EST. I think XMLTV is
> giving me listings in -0400, this would explain why the local news at 5
> starts at 4 in the guide.... Any ideas on how to correct this?

Unless I'm severely overlooking something, wouldn't setting your computer
timezone fix this ?  Is your system clock set right ?  Otherwise I don't
understand it, either the TV shows are off by one hour (relative to
wall-time) or your computer clock is oof by one (again relative to wall-time)
or am I missing something ?

Run ntpdate <ntpserver> and verify that your clock gets set to wall-clock.
If not, your TZ setting is wrong. Not in Mythtv but in the system TZ.

Maarten

--
Linux: Because rebooting is for adding hardware.