[mythtv-users] Changechannel script trouble

Michael Segulja msegulja at lmdcs.com
Thu May 13 10:35:05 EDT 2004

Joseph A. Caputo wrote:

>On Tuesday 11 May 2004 23:06, Michael Segulja wrote:
>

>>I'm using the S-Video input on the capture card.  I definitely agree
>>that it does not appear to be a problem with the change channel
>>script, but I'm still not sure what to look at.  I have the input set
>>up in Myth setup to use the s-video input, and have even tried
>>setting all of the inputs to the same settings, just to make sure.
>>
>>Anybody have any ideas of what I should check?
>>

>Well, setting all of your inputs to the same video source won't help,
>since it will always use your default input, which is presumably
>S-Video ??  You could try:
>
>- changing/double-checking the default input for your card
>- while watching LiveTV, try pressing 'C' to switch inputs (keeping your
>video source bound to all inputs)

Ok, this seems to have something to do with my problem.  I started up
the backend, started up the frontend, and then tried changing channels.
It failed as it usually does, but then I pressed 'C' and it showed the
input as S-Video and then started working.  After doing this, I can
change channels all days and it works!

>Also, I forget what kind of card you're using, but there have been some
>issues with certain revisions of M-179 and PVR-250 MCE cards inasmuch
>as the inputs not always being what they say they are; hence the
>suggestion to try switching inputs.
>
>-JAC

I'm using a cheap $15 bttv based capture card right now until I can
prove to the wife that this thing actually works.  At that point I'll
spend the money on a better card, probably a PVR-250 or two, for
hardware encoding.  Could this cheap card be the root of the problem?  I
don't mind pressing the 'C' key the first time I start up the frontend
to get it to work right, but it would of course be nice to fix it once
and for all.

Thanks for your help.  I really appreciate it!

Michael