[mythtv-users] Another odd behaviour with Auto-Shutdown (a bit long)

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Thu May 13 15:37:09 EDT 2004

Op donderdag 13 mei 2004 21:17, schreef Mitko Haralanov:
> On Thu, 13 May 2004 19:43:43 +0200
>
> Henk Poley <hpoley at dds.nl> wrote:
> > Yes, it is a one time deal. Maybe you could cludge something that lets
> > the transcode/commercialcut process shutdown afterwards when some file
> > has been created (this together with some 'is transcode running'
> > shutdown-script).
>
> I already have a script that does the shutdown. I guess, I can modify
> the script to it goes into a forever loop until all transcoding has been
> done and then issues the shutdown. I will be a nasty hack but I guess it
> could work.

That won't fix the following thing I mentioned. That the backend says "okay,
I'll have the next recording in 1 hour, nothing to do, shutdown". The
trancode is also finished after about 1 hour, shutting down the machine..

> > There's some stuff with another recording running when the trancode
> > has finished, etc. This all *might* be fixed in CVS but I'm not sure
> > about that.
>
> I can't wait until 0.15 comes out. There are so many things that I would
> like to play with, that are in CVS.

In my tiny opinion they should have released 'unstable' builds just before
something big goes in. Like just before the new scheduler went in, etc.

	Henk Poley <><