[mythtv-users] Recording from VHS

Dan Goldberg dan at orca1.com
Thu May 13 18:58:55 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I've been trying to record some videos (VHS) using MythTV and for the most
part it's fine. However, the bottom inch or so of the picture is jumbled. I
had thought it would be related to the resolution I'm capturing at, but I've
tried 352x240 and a few other resolutions and it doesn't seem to have any
effect.

Does anyone have any ideas for things to try? I tried changing from us-cable
to us-broadcast (having no idea whether that actually meant anything) but it
had no effect. The VHS picture looks fine if I don't go through MythTV but
when I record through MythTV I always get that bottom inch or so jumbled.

I know I could always crop the bottom inch off but I'd prefer to not have to
do that.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan.