[mythtv-users] Two 0,15 cvs problems

Gerald Schepens schepens at shaw.ca
Fri May 14 23:27:38 EDT 2004

I have a hunch that the video display problem isn't with your svideo
input. Try going in to live tv, switching to svideo (which will probably
be garbled), exiting live TV and going back in again. If your system
behaves like mine, the svideo input will be OK now, but the tuner will
be scrambled if you switch to it.

Maybe there is something in the code that initialises the open video
stream when you first go into live tv that isn't done when you change
inputs. I don't know what that "something" is -- like I say, I couldn't
get test_ioctl to detect a difference between the stream behaving itself
and the messed-up stream, but I think there's probably something that
happens to the stream when it gets opened, but doesn't happen when the
input source is switched.

This could still be an ivtv thing, not a myth thing. Maybe the ivtv
modules do something special when the stream is first opened that isn't
done when someone just issues a command to change the input. On the
other hand, you and I have two different sets of ivtv drivers but the
same version of myth...