[mythtv-users] SPDIF audio setup

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Sat May 15 09:33:21 EDT 2004

I'm not sure specifically for the EPIA, but for my Yamaha based card, I had
to add a line to the .asoundrc for mythtv in the home directory like this:

pcm.!default {
        type hw
        card 0
        device 1
}

For my device, that meant send pcm audio to the spdif device.  If I do an
"aplay -l" to list devices, I get:

card 0: YMF744 [Yamaha DS-XG PCI (YMF744)], device 1: YMFPCI - IEC958
[YMFPCI - IEC958]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Which shows that card 0, device 1 is the IEC958 (or SPDIF) port.  Try that
for yours and see if it works.

Kevin