[mythtv-users] A few minor issues

Scott Nicholson mythtv at scottnic.com
Sat May 15 15:21:00 EDT 2004

Okay. I removed the CVS and installed 0.14 instead and just about everything
appears to be working as it should. I just have a few minor issues and
questions:

(Running a backend w/ 2 PVR-250s and an Xbox frontend with 0.4.3 from
bit.blkbk.com)

In MythMusic, the "Skip" (forward and back) buttons don't seem to do
anything. FF and REW work, as do all the other buttons, but I'm unable to
skip to the next track.

My video sources are a little unusual perhaps... I've got Comcast Digital
with only one decoder, which means I've got a bunch of channels on the
Composite of /dev/video0, and a subset of those channels (the analog ones --
2-99) on the Tuner of both /dev/video0 and /dev/video1.

I've also got a USDTV receiver, which gives me local channels plus a handful
of others (ESPN, Food Network, Disney, Discovery, Lifetime, TLC, HGTV). All
of these are duplicates of channels that are available on the Comcast, but
some of them are on both the analog and digital, and others are only on the
digital. The USDTV Receiver is on the SVideo of /dev/video1.

For example:

Food Network is available as 40 on Comcast Digital, 40 on Comcast Analog,
and 99-6 on USDTV.

Lifetime Movie Network is available as 504 on Comcast Digital and 99-11 on
USDTV (not available on analog).

On channels that have different frequencies between the two devices (i.e.
LMN above) I've changed the channel number in the database to the Comcast
number, so the USDTV LMN entry is channel "504", freqid "99-11".

All of the channels that are available in duplicate show up multiple times
in the program guide. I would like them to only show up once. Is this
possible?

Possibly related, I've got a movie recording right now from Starz!, which is
only available on the Comcast digital. That means /dev/video0 is busy. I
thought I should still be able to watch live TV using /dev/video1 (being
limited to the subset of channels that are available on that card, of
course) but when I tried to tune to 40 (Food Network, available through
Comcast Analog and/or USDTV on video1) it didn't work -- I got a black
screen with audio that seemed to be coming from a CBS station.

Is this a configuration error, or am I trying to do something that Myth
can't do?

Lastly, occasionally while I'm poking around in the frontend on the Xbox a
menu will pop up, as though I had clicked whatever the equivalent of the
start button is in whatever WM Xebian uses. Is this normal? If not, any
suggestions on how to get rid of it?

TIA for any tips/pointers.
Scott

---