[mythtv-users] Forums

David myth at dgreaves.com
Mon May 17 11:38:17 EDT 2004

Larry Howe wrote:

>I think the forum and the list provide slightly different functions. The
>forum should be a somewhat more focused, more distilled version of the mail
>list.

Every forum I've seen operates almost entirely like email + web-archive
Newbies post.... old-hands say RTFM/see this thread/FAQ

And, we have the glorious http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/
(in case anyone missed that? - Johnny got it last time - anyone else?)

I refer you to: http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/HardWare

>I realize that the HW DB provides the info described here, but the same
>principle can be applied to various other topics that appear on the list.
>The forum should be a distilled summary of the info passing over the list.

Must be me but I don't see what it is about a forum that would give it
that behaviour?
Why don't you try the same on the Wiki...

I did a while back:
  http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/ArchiveToDvd

David