[mythtv-users] The new PUNDIT-R, first findings

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Mon May 17 12:14:25 EDT 2004

Op maandag 17 mei 2004 10:31, schreef Steven Cruysberghs:
> Update on the TV-out. If you enable tvout in the bios it works and it
> looks great (looks better than Sis tvout I must say).
> But only in vesa mode, so you see the bootlogo/bootsplach screen and
> console. As soon as you start X with the radeon driver the image becomes
> distorted (tried a few different HorizSync and VertRefresh settings but...
>
> :-(  . This could be a question of using the right modeline? Anyone?
>
> If you start X using the vesa driver TV-out still works but without XV
> accelleration.

Have you tried generating a config file by Xfree86? aka something like
$ startx --configure

Then a XF86Config file will be generated in /root (when run as root?) with all
the options the driver has commented ('#option blah <bool>' or something).
From there on you will probably find things to disable VGA-out and/or enable
TV-out as primary device.

There are probably other ways to trick the driver to expose all of it's config
options, but well..

	Henk Poley <><