[mythtv-users] Fedora FC2

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Mon May 17 12:45:34 EDT 2004

> Well it looks like FC2 is out [http://livna.org/~anvil/fc2-torrents.txt]
> if not then out very soon.

Tomorrow.  Discussion on slashdot indicates that the unofficial torrents
don't have the correct md5sums.

>   Anyone installing on FC2 yet with instructions/
> hints or tips?  Can I just load the FC2 server then use Axells canned rpms?
> I've read great things about the HD running on FC2 was smoother, I'm not
> running HD yet but never hurts being prepared.  OH also this would be fresh
> mythtv install, no need to save anything.

Apparently, the redhat/fedora people discourage doing an upgrade via
apt/yum due to some low-level changes, so use the cd's or dvd to
upgrade.  Beyond that, Axel will have a core2 repository ready shortly
after fc2 is released, so installation of myth should go pretty much the
same as it does with fc1.

-Chris