[mythtv-users] Help: mythfrontend passes LIRC stuff over to Xine?!

Morten mythtv at e-rasmussen.dk
Mon May 17 17:12:08 EDT 2004

Hi all!

I almost got my box working now with everything. -- Got some trouble
with LIRC however:

When I start mythfrontend, everything works fine with LIRC. However,
when I start Xine from within mythfrontend, it seems like mythfrontend
passes all events onto Xine, which eventually blows everything up
there...

However, when I start Xine directly from the command prompt, it works
fine with LIRC. -- Thus, it seems like something is messed up around
here.

I got a .lircrc, which looks something like (just one button here to
keep things simple):

------------------(snip)------------------------

begin
    prog = mythfrontend
    button = channel-
    config = Key Down CurrentWindow
end

begin
    prog   = xine
    button = channel-
    config = EventDown
end

------------------(snip)------------------------

If I run Xine from within mythfrontend, it seems like Xine receives both
the above events, when I press the "channel-" button on my remote.

Of course, Xine works perfectly fine if I comment out the first
begin-end section in the above example, and runs it from within
mythfrontend.

BTW: I'm using xine-lib-1-rc4a/xine-ui-0.9.23 with no specific compile
options regarding LIRC. MythTV is 0.14 (*not* CVS), and I have tried
with and without native LIRC support. (End behaviour is the same!)

Does anyone have a clue on how to do this, since it's driving me
completely nuts!!?? -- I saw it discussed on the April user list, and I
don't believe I'm the only one in this world with this setup...... (?)

Cheers,

~Morten