[mythtv-users] Mailing list and a Wiki... and a dessert topping

John Sturgeon john at sturgeonfamily.com
Mon May 17 17:55:44 EDT 2004

Isaac Richards wrote:

>And let me point out that this isn't offical, nor will I link to from the main
>website.
>
>If you want to work on docs, contribute back to the official docs.  Don't
>fragment the effort by using random wikis.
>
>Isaac

Isaac,

While I respect (tremendously) the great work that you have done, and
continue to do, I would like to point out that there are quite a few
users who would like to support each other in a more collaborative
effort than they can do through the formal documentation.  I understand
you not wanting to fragment the documentation across multiple sources,
and I agree.  The wiki would simply be a way for the user community to
gather and (more importantly) *organize* the random topics that pop up
here on the mailing list more than once.  I don't see this as a
fragmentation.  It has it's own purpose separate and distinct from the
official MythTV docs.  As a matter of fact, anybody contributing to the
Wiki should consider whether their contribution would make more sense
being in the MythTV docs first.

--
John Sturgeon <><