[mythtv-users] 0.00GB files...

Kyle Kelly kyle at kylekelly.com
Tue May 18 10:17:38 EDT 2004

Michael Donohue wrote:

> Could you give some more details about the flags you pass to ivtv.
> I've been getting 0 length files after the myth box has been on for a
> while.  I assumed it was just a bug in the ivtv driver.  Unloading it,
> and loading it again usually fixes it temporarily.
>
> If there's an actual fix for the problem, I'd love to hear it.
>
> Michael

I had this problem initially as well, I think I fixed it with one of
these settings, here's my /etc/modules.conf file:

alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
options ivtv ivtv_debug=1 dec_yuv_buffers=20
options tuner type=2
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 tuner
add above ivtv lirc_dev lirc_i2c

Hope that helps, I have a feeling that the dec_yuv_buffers might be the
solution.