[mythtv-users] Help: mythfrontend passes LIRC stuff over to Xine?! [solved - and another question]

Morten mythtv at e-rasmussen.dk
Tue May 18 17:20:05 EDT 2004

Hehe....

Got it working now... My MythBox is finally plugged into my 32" in the
living room now.... :-)

Anyway: The problem was that I had some bloody irxevent processes
running in the background, which kept firing extra events to Xine. (I
had them in my mythfrontend startup script!) With lirc compiled into
Xine and MythTV, (and without irxevent!) everything works excellent.

Just a question though: Am I correct that both Xine and MythTV ignores
all "mode" lines in .lircrc and lircrc? -- Just had a nice "shift" key
up running before I compiled lirc into MythTV..... ?

Cheers,
~Morten