[mythtv-users] Problem recording at 720x576

Stephen Longhurst steve at longsteve.com
Wed May 19 05:34:05 EDT 2004

Hi,

After some searching, I've not really been able to come up with any
references to this problem I've got.  I don't seem to be able to watch
or record TV through my PVR-350 when I set the profile resolution to
720x576.  I have a PAL setup (in the UK) and everything works fine if
I set the various profile resolutions to 640x480 or 480x480, but I
would like to see if I can get the higher resolution.

When I set 720x576, I get a full picture in the top left of my monitor
window that's about 80% the size of the screen.  There's a black
border on the right, and at the bottom of the screen there is a large
flickering green bar.  The available picture is also quite distorted,
although it's still recognisable.

Off the top of my head, I've got the usual PAL settings in the ivtv
section of modules.conf (ivtv_pal=1, that sort of thing), and like I
said everything is fine at 640x480.  I'm using ivtv 0.1.9, but was
thing of trying out the 0.1.10-pre2 with Chris Kennedy's patches.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

       Steve

--