[mythtv-users] Mailing list and a Wiki... and a dessert topping

BP lists at qucae.com
Wed May 19 17:26:59 EDT 2004

Paul Woodward wrote:
> I have followed this thread and there are a number of questions outstanding:
> 1. Isaac: As owner of this project, do you believe it is right that the official
> docs should contain information for setting up specific hardware for use on a
> myth box. For example 'I have sound card X, here are my alsa configs, mplayer
> configs etc, here are the configurations I set to get myth working'.

Wouldn't this type of information be best contributed to the Alsa
documentation?  If I had a sound issue, that's the first place I'd look.
    Honestly, the first step in the Myth documenation needs to be "Make
sure your system works -- sound, video, lirc, mysql, network, etc".  Add
links to the main site for each project Myth depends on.

By documenting these things for Myth, you're potentially fragmenting the
effort for those other projects.  Share back with those communities.  By
concentrating efforts in the proper places, you ensure the most eyes see
it and make relevent corrections or additions as well as are helped by
your efforts.