[mythtv-users] Success with DWL-120, still can't get X10 remote working

Cotter, Paul M. pcotter at kmzr.com
Thu May 20 15:15:23 EDT 2004

Have you tried setting up the Wireless AP to not use WEP and turn on
ESSID broadcast?

I used iwconfig to check that I was actually getting a link (Link
Quality > 0, Signal strength > 0).  If you have a connection, then use
ifconfig to check that an IP is assigned - I couldn't get DHCP working
(and I probably wouldn't want to if I end up using mythweb and port
forwarding from my router), so I used ifconfig to assign a static IP,
then I was able to ping the router.

Does lsmod show the drivers loaded?  Does lsusb show the correct device?

Paul