[mythtv] RE: [mythtv-users] tv_grab_na_dd backport data to .14system?

Shane Hetzel shane-lists at thehillpeople.org
Sat May 22 10:54:04 EDT 2004

All of us, including you I'm guessing, have a script file in /etc/cron.daily
that fetches listings each night. For me, the name of the file is
/etc/cron.daily/mythfilldatabase.cron, but it doesn't matter what the name
is. Just find your particular file and edit it (using nano or vim or
whatever you wish).

Basically, up until now you probably only had one real command in the file,
and that is "mythfilldatabase". That command used to call tv_grab_na
automatically and pull in the listings. However now we're going to call
tv_grab_na_dd ourselves and give that file specifically to mythfilldatabase
(with a couple of other otptions). That should take are of it.

1) Replace the contents of your file with the listing.

2) Set the value of the sourceid to the number you discovered in step 8.
Very important.

3) Take care around the line continuation characters. Spaces after the "\"
screw things up. If it would be easier for you, simply take those three
lines and make that one big line.

4) Run it. you should be good to go.

-Shane