[mythtv-users] MPlayer flashes after cold start

Fa Yoeu fayoeu at comcast.net
Sat May 22 16:23:59 EDT 2004

I had the problem where mplayer would startup in the background and was
behind the mythfrontend.  I could not figure out what was wrong, but
appending a xterm -e to the beginning of the mplayer startup line solved
the problem for me:

xterm -e mplayer [all other mplayer params]

I left my focus as 'click to focus'.  My only problem now is that when
mplayer exists, KDE isn't in focus,  I tried changing the focus types to
follow mouse, but that didn't help.