[mythtv-users] Re: compiling mythtv cvs error

Matthew Mead mkmead at hoodnet.net
Sat May 22 17:38:09 EDT 2004

When I do the rpm -ql qt | grep qt-mt

I get..

/usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
/usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.1
/usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.1.2

So I am stumped at my problem still.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Axel Thimm" <Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2004 7:40 AM
Subject: [mythtv-users] Re: compiling mythtv cvs error

On Sat, May 22, 2004 at 01:12:17AM -0400, Matthew Mead wrote:
> make -C libs/libavcodec -j2
>
> starts to compile but then I get a...
>

> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt-mt
>
> collect2:ld returned 1 exit status
>
> make: *** [libmythavcodec-0.15.so.0.15.0] Error 1
> make: Leaving directory `/home/mythtv/mythtv/libs/libavcodec'
>

> I downloaded the qt-devel from atrpms.

Do you also have "qt" itself?

# rpm -ql qt | grep qt-mt
/usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
/usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.3
/usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.3.2

> I used the command apt-get install qt-devel
>
> I am on a fedora c1 version and I had a new install of mythtv setup
> but I need to do the CVS version so I can get listings now.

you could try the cvs rpms at http://ATrpms.net/name/myth-cvs/, but be
aware that bug reporting on the mythtv lists about packaged pieces is
not welcome. If you find a problem, try to build for yourself (like
you are doing right now) and decide if whether is a packaging issue
(-> contact the packager or the resp. lists/bugzillas) or a true
mythtv issue (-> report here, of course).

> All I can find on this is I might be running old qt.. but with the
> rpm I just got I should be pretty up to date.

even qt2 had libqt-mt.* included. Perhpas your ld.so.cache is out of
order, try ldconfig before anything else.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net