[mythtv] RE: [mythtv-users] tv_grab_na_dd backportdatato.14system?

Matthew Mead mkmead at hoodnet.net
Sun May 23 00:36:42 EDT 2004

OK, hopefully this is my last reply on this.

1. I setup a crontab -e and changed from this:

### Run mythfilldatabase every night at some random time after 2:30am
30 2 * * * sleep $(expr $RANDOM \% 7200) && mythfilldatabase >
/var/log/mythtv/mythfilldatabase.log 2>&1

To this:

#!/bin/sh
##su mythtv -c "mythfilldatabase --quiet"
10 1 * * * su mythtv -c "/usr/local/bin/mythfilldatabasecron_dd"

I then went to the /usr/local/bin directory, su to root, and created
mythfilldatabasecron_dd

I put this in it:

#!/bin/sh
    #/usr/local/bin/mythfilldatabasecron_dd

    # temporary filename
    dirname='/tmp'
    filename="tv-${RANDOM}${RANDOM}"
    xml_file=${dirname}/${filename}.xml

    # From step 8
    sourceid=1

    # replace all data
    offset=-1

    # How many days worth of guide data to download
    numdays=10

    /usr/bin/tv_grab_na_dd --output ${xml_file} --days ${numdays} \
                           --old-chan-id && \
    /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --file ${sourceid} ${offset} ${xml_file}

    # Remove the temporary file
    rm ${xml_file}

I then saved it and gave the following command to make it excutable:

chmod +x mythfilldatabasecron_dd

Does that look right? or do I need to adjust my cron job time or add a timer
to the other two lines where I have #'s at?

Thanks for your help.