[mythtv-users] /dev/video0 - Device or ressource busy

Matthias Meyer Matthias.Meyer at gmx.li
Sun May 23 06:48:45 EDT 2004

Am Sonntag, 23. Mai 2004 06:52 schrieb Travis:

> A little more info might help isolate the problem.
>
> > I try "cat /dev/video0 > test.mpg" and see it will work without error
> > message.
>
> 1) Does, mplayer play test.mpg fine after you stop the capture?

I use Xine. Xine plays the test.mpg. But it only contains grey snow.

> 2) You're capturing as user mythtv, right?

Yes. As much as possible I work as mythtv. Also mythbackend run as mythtv.

> -- Travis
Maybee an additional hint?
vdr:~# ls -al /dev/video*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            6 2004-05-09 12:32 /dev/video -> video0
crw-rw----    1 root     video     81,   0 2004-05-09 12:32 /dev/video0
crw-rw----    1 root     video     81,   1 2004-05-09 12:32 /dev/video1

--
no panic