[mythtv-users] Disappearing recordings on schedule update

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sun May 23 14:14:15 EDT 2004

Nick Craig-Wood wrote:
> I'm using mythtv 0.14-6 from the debian packages.
>
> Sometimes I schedule a program to be recorded.  However later the
> schedule is updated and the program moves (seems fairly common in the
> UK).  What happens now is that the program is not recorded, even at
> the old time.
>
> For example I scheduled a film to be recorded (this time only) from
> 23:05-00:50.  However some time after I added the recording the
> schedule was updated to show the film was at 23:20-01:05.  The film
> didn't record at the old or the new schedule.
>
> A symptom of this is that the program disappears from the "Fix
> schedule" screen but still remains in the "Recording priorities"
> screen.
>
> Is this a bug, or intended behaviour?

It is the intended behaviour for "Single" record. It must match
the time to know that it is precisely the showing, live event, or
whatever. Single has it's place but it is not the right answer for
this situation. J. Donavan is right that in 0.14 you could set an
All record rule then remove that rule after it succeeds.

However, in 0.15, which will be released in the next few days, there
is a new record type called FindOne that automatically does this
for you. If you choose "Record one showing of this program" the
scheduler will find the first showing that it can fit without a
conflict, record it then remove this record rule.

If you originally set the record rule for a 23:05 showing and the
listing change it will find it at 23:20 and record this film once.
If you find that your favorite star is on The Tonight Show at 23:35
you can record that and the scheduler will find the next showing of
the film at 2:00am or whenever.

--  bjm