[mythtv-users] UK TV Listings

Mark mark_kendall at btinternet.com
Mon May 24 04:52:33 EDT 2004

> The data seems to be slightly different on the different multiplexes!
> I guess this will get sorted eventually.

Interesting. I hadn't noticed that - is it significant (any examples?)

> Ideally I'd like an external way of tuning mythtv to multiplex 1
> before collecting EPG data (if that tuner wasn't doing anything else).

Is anyone using the 'dvb on demand' setting? If the card is not always used
by mythtv then it shouldn't be too hard to run a script to tune to the
'best' multiplex (using one of the dvb utils) and then run the grabber. That
would also give consistency on EPG data.

(Incidentally, does anyone know if using dvb-on-demand will save on power
consumption?)

> There only seems to be 4 days of data for channel 5 for some reason...

They probably haven't planned that far ahead yet :)

> The BBC channels provide good categorisation.
>
> One thing I was wondering about - categories don't seem to line up
> exactly with what mythtv is expecting...  The category searches don't
> work in mythtv and the movie search doesn't work in mythweb.  I think
> this is beause the category is "Movie / Drama" rather than "Movie".  I
> don't know whether it would be correct to change the output of
> tv_grab_dvb to match the categories of mythtv more exactly...  It
> clear that mythweb understands more of the categories by the fact it
> colours more things than mythtv.

Should be simple enough to edit the source to line them up.

Regards

Mark