[mythtv-users] MythTV Works! Now for some questions...

Dan Morphis dan at milkcarton.com
Mon May 24 15:08:43 EDT 2004

Josh wrote:

>  Thirdly, is there a way to make the LiveTV feed change channels based
>  on the selected guide item? It'd be nice to have a "Change to this
>  channel" option when viewing the guide from LiveTV, instead of the
>  recording options.
If you press the Guide button again, it will change to the channel you
want. Alternately, there is a setting to allow select to change the
channel.  (I don't remember if its in .14, or only in the cvs version).

>  Any suggestions on a good gamepad style joystick that works well with
>  Linux and Myth? I have a Gameport on my Soundblaster Live card that
>  I would like to use, but I've never been successful in getting it to
>  work.
Pick up a cheap usb game pad.  Those I've found don't require any
special software and present themselves as generic usb gamepads meaning
no extra software is required to make them run.

>  Finally, is there a tutorial anywhere for compiling the CVS version
>  of MythTV? I was able to resolve the DirectDownload guide problem
>  myself, but I'd rather stay with a version that handles things
>  natively without my unskilled self dinking with it too much.

I use two scripts to make installing the latest cvs version that much
easier:  THe first one downloads everything, the second compiles and
installs.  Take the text here and put it into the appropriatly named
file, then run chmod +x download.cvs.sh && chmod +x compile.sh

-dan

download.cvs.sh:
#!/bin/sh

cvs -d :pserver:mythtv:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs login

cvs -q -z3 -d :pserver:mythtv:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs
checkout mythtv

cvs -q -z3 -d :pserver:mythtv:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs
checkout mythgallery
cvs -q -z3 -d :pserver:mythtv:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs
checkout mythgame
cvs -q -z3 -d :pserver:mythtv:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs
checkout mythmusic
cvs -q -z3 -d :pserver:mythtv:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs
checkout mythvideo
cvs -q -z3 -d :pserver:mythtv:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs
checkout mythweather
cvs -q -z3 -d :pserver:mythtv:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs
checkout mythdvd
cvs -q -z3 -d :pserver:mythtv:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs
checkout mythbrowser
cvs -q -z3 -d :pserver:mythtv:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs
checkout mythnews

compile.sh:
#!/bin/bash

#export PATH=$PATH:$QTDIR/bin
#clean up
#rm -rf /usr/local/lib/libmyth*
#rm -rf /usr/include/mythtv

cd mythtv/
./configure --enable-lcd
qmake
make clean
make distclean
make && make install

cd ../mythgallery/
qmake
./configure --enable-opengl
make clean
make distclean
make && make install

cd ../mythgame/
qmake
make clean
make distclean
make && make install

cd ../mythmusic/
qmake
./configure --enable-sdl --enable-fftw --enable-opengl
make clean
make distclean
make && make install

cd ../mythvideo/