[mythtv-users] Bug with DataDirect and HDTV?

Steve Bower sbower at cisco.com
Mon May 24 17:49:13 EDT 2004

>>>>> "John" == John Sturgeon <john at sturgeonfamily.com> writes:

John> I'm using CVS 0.15 and have successfully converted from XmlTV to
John> DataDirect.  My question is this: The channel chooser page on the
John> DataDirect web site indicated that I could select Digital
John> Television stations (which I did), but when it downloaded into
John> mythconverge, the frequency id (freqid) is the NTSC frequency.

John> Is this a bug?  Can I just hack the channel table with the proper
John> ATSC frequencies as I did with XmlTV or will DataDirect have a
John> problem with that.

That's exactly what I did when I converted to DataDirect, and it's
working fine for me.

So go ahead and fix your frequencies in the table.  I don't know if the
service provides the "real" channels or not, but if it does I'm sure we
can figure out a way to automate that.

  Steve.