[mythtv-users] Ownership of .nuv files/deleting problems

David George david at onyxsoft.com
Tue May 25 08:22:09 EDT 2004

On Tue, 25 May 2004, Asciimonster wrote:

> I'm running mythbackend as a service, therefore the ownership of the
> .nuv it produces is root:root (with permission 644). However I'm running
> mythfrontend as a user (not root).  This is no problem until I try to
> delete the recordings, that's when mythfrontend crashes/locks up.  It
> can't delete then since it's not allowed to.
>
> I've configured cron to change the ownership changed every half hour.
> But is there a more elegant way to solve this?

If you are using the SysV init scripts you can uncomment the line that
reads:

  cd $MYTHTV_HOME && daemon --user mythtv $binary $OPTIONS

changing the 'mythtv' after --user to whatever user you run the frontend
as

and comment out the line that reads:

  cd $MYTHTV_HOME && daemon $binary $OPTIONS

Then just 'service mythbackend restart'

> P.S. does anybody know why xdm crashed when I route X though my
> Hauppauge WinTV 350 framebuffer?

Sorry can't help you there.  On the ivtv list I seem to remember something
about making sure ivtv-fb is loaded as soon after ivtv as possible in your
modules config.  The ivtv list may be more help in this case.

HTH,
David