[mythtv-users] Bug in "Watch Recordings" ?

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Tue May 25 10:16:43 EDT 2004

On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 02:19:02PM +0200, Steven Cruysberghs wrote:
> Short answer to long mail :
>
> if you are using .14 version this is probably the bug where the preview
> video from the "watch recordings" screen keeps playing in the background.
> This has been fixed in CVS.

Actually, I think there are still some instances of it in there. I've
had times where I'm sitting at the main menu after browsing recordings
and the disk is thrashing away; there's nothing recording and nothing
supposed to be playing, but it stops instantly if I quit the frontend.
It doesn't affect my video playback, but I have a fast disk and a fast
CPU. I'm running CVS from a few days ago only.

A friend of mine had stuttering while watching recordings well after
this was (partially?) fixed in CVS; turning off preview solved it for
him.

Hamish