[mythtv-users] Multi-Select?

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Tue May 25 12:36:30 EDT 2004

>mythtv at wentland.net wrote:
>
>>Been using Mythtv for a couple of months now and it is the shiznit!!
>>
>>Is there a way to select a bunch of shows to watch one after another?
>>
>>Here is the problem... kids scream down to me every time Spongebob ends so
>>that I have to stop whatever it is I am doing to run upstairs and select
>>another Spongebob to play.  It would be nice to select all episodes of a
>>certain show to play.
>>

>Not that I know of :)
>
> From a UI point of view it would 'work' if pressing play on the 'show
>name'  (ie not the individual episode) popped up a box and said : "Play
>selected/Play all (reverse order)/Select"
>Select could then go back to the UI and let you pick episodes to play
>Finally returning to the showname would play them
>
>Sounds like an interesting 'first time coder' challenge :)
>First code the pop-up
>Then play all (reverse)
>Then 'select'
>
>I'll add this to the WishList on the wiki
>
>David

I think a better option wouldbe a "playlist" rather than all of one
show.  Once I get myth actually running on my system, I'd help
with implementing a playlist that could queue up many different
shows (Spongebob, Rocket Power, Bugs Bunny, etc.) so there
would be a bit of variety rather than an "All Spongebob fest."

Paul