[mythtv-users] Is the GUI slow for everyone or just for me?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Tue May 25 20:46:50 EDT 2004

> I'm wondering, how responsive is the mythtv gui for most people?

Most of the time it's a bit slow, but OK. I'm running 0.14 on a
1GHz C3 running the X driver on a PVR-350.  Sometimes it takes
several seconds for somthing to happen when I push a button on
the remote.

> On my system most parts are what I would call "very slow".  To put that
> more quantitatively, switching to the list of recorded programs when I
> click on "Recorded Programs" takes at least 15 seconds.  Bringing up
> MythWeather usually takes about 15 seconds too.  Moving around even
> within the same screen (ie cursor'ing up and down) is a "press a key and
> wait" activity, with the highlight change taking probably a quarter of a
> second for each button.

While bringing up the recordings list or deleting a file takes
several seconds, moving around within the setup menus is pretty
crisp.  Sometimes it takes a few seconds for the "delete" menu
to come up after viewing a recording.  Sometimes hitting the
"delete" option doesn't give any noticable response for several
seconds.

> How long does it take for you to get a list of recorded programs using
> mythfrontend?

A few seconds usually.  15 sounds pretty long.

--
Grant