[mythtv-users] mythvideo, Q#1 (why "video"?)

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Wed May 26 06:21:38 EDT 2004

Mike Jasper wrote:

> On 5/25/2004 4:39 PM, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
>
>> Douglas Beck wrote:
>>

>>> I wrote a script that automatically converts all my recorded
>>> programs to lower bitrate DivX files and stuffs them in the videos
>>> directory.  So I have hundreds of videos in my MythVideo list but
>>> only one or two are movies.
>>>

>> Just out of curiosity...  Why?
>>
>> Wouldn't you be better served by just using the built transcode and
>> leaving them in the recodings section?  Heck with .15 you'll even get
>> nifty recording groups to organize them with.
>

> Doesn't the built-in transcode use the cutlists created by by
> mythcommflag?  That's the reason I haven't been using it.  The auto
> commercial flagging doesn't work that great on the shows I'm
> transcoding, so I've been manually flagging commercials and then using
> nuvexport.

Only if you explicitly import flagged commercials into the cutlist via
the video editor.  For exactly that reason.

What kind of mistakes are you seeing from the comm flagger?  I've been
meaning to take a look at it.

> If I'm wrong about how the built-in transcode works, please let me
> know - I would love to automate the process.

You could always bring up the editor, import the flagged commercials and
then tweak them before using the built in transcoder.