[mythtv-users] Is the GUI slow for everyone or just for me?

Scott Francis scott.francis at newisys.com
Wed May 26 09:38:26 EDT 2004

Check the load on your system.  I've noticed a bug that after a few weeks worth of runtime without rebooting my system load continues to creep up.  This is due to my swap size constantly increasing and the drive starts swapping like mad.  After a reboot obviously this clears things up.  I think the bug that affects this will be fixed in the .15 release.

If your load is a normal one (below .2) then I'm not sure why it's so slow.  I usually get very responsive results from my Athlon 2100 with 256mb RAM.

Scott